- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

My most closest to heart fic. Here for your persual. Read and Enjoy.

Dumbledore was spending his late evening in his office that day. The starry night and a promising breeze did nothing to motivate him to go for a walk in the school grounds. If anything he took to pacing in his office. He chuckled to himself. Never in his really long life had anything made him as restless as the letter sitting on his desk did. He knew the steps Voldemort had started taking since his rebirth. Too much burden, a little too much was about to get on Harry's teenaged shoulders. He had suffered enough already. It was unfortunate enough to witness the death of a fellow school mate and on top of it he was still coming in terms with Sirius's battle with death. He knew Sirius was a fighter; it was evident in the way he still was surviving the near fall through the Veil. There was little what the Healer's could do. It was solely his soul's fight against the damage it had sustained. May he come unscathed from it. Divine entity knows Harry needs an adult in his life who would be a person who can be the justified guardian to him. Someone who can keep him attached to the barely there memories of his selfless parents. Dumbledore couldn't help himself from sighing in sorrow. So young forced to grow up to early; the worst outcome of war. Who can save themselves from this worst blow of war? Fawkes cooed with his sigh.

"Ah, my faithful timeless friend. Grown old again I see? Leaving me alone again? I will miss you for some time, my friend. After all every ally is important, isn't?" Dumbledore said to Fawkes, his phoenix while stroking his feathers which he had shed all, save a few meagre ones preparing himself for his oncoming death.

Fawkes cooed out again this time much weaker.

Dumbledore was expecting guest or maybe guests in another half an hour. The letter that had reached him three days ago was the most intriguing one. Considering he no longer corresponded to any magical people other than witches and wizards these days. He was suspicious of it; the message simply said the descendent of Morgana wanted an audience with him regarding the brewing war that was soon going to disturb their world too.

In another 20 minutes he would meet the so called descendent of Morgana. He didn't notice but he kept counting down the time. He couldn't remember the last time he was this anxious.

The fireplace glowed green and a figure immerged out of it. A man of medium build, long shoulder length deep green hair, lightest blue eye and professional robes in place brandishing a wand at him asked him,

"Am I in the presence of Professor Albus Dumbledore, Principal of Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?" in a foreign accent.

"The one and only"

"I am Garth Quandre, wizard benefactor to primo matrem omnium, Charlotte Vitasigni. I have to make sure of the safety of this place, if you may please"

While Dumbledore gestured him to go ahead, he started swishing and flicking his wand while cast various spells half of which Dumbledore could barely understand. After finishing his chants, Garth again spoke up

"Sir, if you may allow me suggest there was a spy's ear charm on one of your wall I have corrected it. And I hope you don't mind freezing these portraits here."

"Not at all, as long as they are not permanent done so."

"Of course not, Sir. They will unfreeze as soon as matre leaves this vicinity. I expect you to understand the need for secrecy for the conversation that is about to take place in this office."

"I predict it to be"

"Thank you so much for your cooperation. She will come in now." Then Garth entered the fireplace and disappeared in blue flames instead of green. Dumbledore couldn't help but cock his eyebrow at that. He knew it in his bones tonight he was going to learn many things that would be beyond the grasp of any ordinary wizard.

A lady with a timeless face came out gracefully out of blue flames. She was wearing a white formal dress which was ankle long and had waist long silvery auburn hair and had two thin braid starting from the temples of her head and were pinned back. Dumbledore was sure they were held together by an ornate ruby comb. On her neck was a simple crystal tear drop (which looked like it held fire in it) hanging from the finest chain of silver he had ever seen. He had seen this woman before. But he couldn't for all the magic in him recall where.

"I still have not got the hang of flooing. It still makes me feel woozy" the lady in white said in very mesmerising whisper. Though it was low everyone in the room could hear her clearly. It was a haunting ethereal voice. Like a-like a siren's call, Albus noted.

"May I offer you a seat in that case, Mrs. Vitasigni?" asked Dumbledore conjuring an ornate chair keeping his company in mind

"Always the gentleman, Albus. I see you haven't lose any of your charm either. If anything it has aged magnificently" Mrs. Vitasigni said with a teasing laugh.

"If anything I believe age has just refined me"

"Age has been much kind to you, Albus." After a slight pause she added "as much I would love to talk about old times we have to deal this business between us."

"I am all ears, Mrs. Vitasigni."

"I know you from the adventures of your youth. Grindelwald and you, quite a pair you both were. You were after wizardry artefacts. You were looking for help to find them. But you, my boy, you had stumbled upon something differently altogether. You had stumbled upon the descendents of Morgana, that is, sorcerers in that village. Do you remember it, Albus?"

Albus in his seat behind his desk had closed his eyes on hearing the reminder about his past doings. Though he could remember the village in question yet he couldn't remember anything else. As if the reminders were slowly unveiling the long erased memory of the past.

"I just cannot recall the facts about the descendents of Morgana. All that I know is the fact that she was an extraordinary protégé of Merlin, that she was the adversary to Arthur and such. She never married. She never had children as far as the history says."

"Even we do not know whether she ever had legitimate children. As a result our society is a matriarchal one. The father is just—a father. The mother is the one who runs the family. But the fact that is to be discussed is she could do wandless magic. She never needed a wand to manifest her magic. She wasn't a witch, she wasn't an enchantress either and definitely not a fae. She was the first sorcerer. And thus began the line of sorcerers."

"If there is a magical community out there why has it never come to be seen or heard about?"

"Because this community lives right in the middle of muggle people. We have blend in. We are scientist of the magical world. We were fascinated by the science of the humans. So it was an added bonus to our decision to have a society in the middle of muggles."

Dumbledore had a look of utter confusion and curiosity.

"It is very frustrating. I can feel the information at the back of my mind, but I just cannot recall them."

"I know, I know, you can barely remember those memories. After all I was the one who wiped your mind clear of that knowledge. It was a triggered memory charm. This is revealed only by the caster's wish. Forgive me. I am again veering away from the matter at hand. It has come to our attention that a dark wizard is gaining force. Again. I want to have a clear picture about the again part"

"It seems our troubles have increased so much larger than our assumption that an all together different magical community has to remind us." Dumbledore had a self scorning smile on his face while he replied.

"Albus...it is not a matter of embarrassment. It can happen to any community. We got an inkling of the trouble when it came knocking at our own doors."

"How come?"

"Few bands of sorcerers have joined force with him. The recent excessive violent attacks were led by sorcerers. The shame this fact has brought to me cannot be rivalled. This has made me feel like a failure to administer my community properly."

"So you are the minister of your community, Mrs. Vitasigni?"

"Not exactly. I have the power to veto the rulings of the board of representatives. That makes me the Heiress and the person responsible for every success and every failure."

"It is my honour to be in your presence. But the news you have given me has perplexed me even more. Though it should not be, but the bare blunt of Voldemort's plan is bore by namely three tiny shoulders. The rest community bears the consequences of the attacks by his follower's the Death Eaters."

"My humblest apologies for creating even greater problems. I wish I could have stopped them. But alas, my powers are failing from old age."

"Even as a supreme authority of power, there is little one can do to the decisions taken by people."

She laughed and said "Albus, every sorcerer has my blood running in their veins. I am their mother, I could have atleast influenced their decision. But curse my weakening power; I could not persuade it when it was most required. To this generation I am a very very great great grandmother. Two hundred years after Morgana's inheritance to her powers, sorcerers were hunted down left and right for their comparatively greater power than vampires, Draculas, werewolves and sorts. Even faes participated in sorcerer hunt by the end of 8th century. It was then decided by my family, who was the geneticist of the clan that we need to create alliance with our hunters. Also it created a society so diverse that it was strengthen by its inequality. Prejudices were next to negligible. Also it toughened our genes and physical aspects too. Sorcerer's have very short life span of barely 50years as the magic drains of most of the life force. So it was an advantageous decision. Oh dear... I have gone off the topic. Pardon me."

"Please do not apologise and embarrass me. It was fascinating to about sorcerers. And certainly a valuable decision that was taken by our family. I am sure that cemented the foundation of a unified society."

"Absolutely. Only it is plagued by the greed of other sorcerer of other community. But then again what is life where there is no challenge to overcome?"

"The wizardry community too needs an exposure to other magical communities, I feel. Is that an acceptable request from my behalf? If not the whole of wizardry community then atleast the students of my school?"

"Albus, I was here on that very job plus an incentive."

"Incentive?"

"I want to create an alliance with the wizardry community too. In times of looming war, the greater the allies the better. My people, my grandchildren have already went through a war that they won by their valour, dexterity and knowledge. I want them to have the honour to fight beside this magical human community. It would do them immense help to work side by side them. The experience would be priceless."

"But I cannot allow more children to be involved in the war that has nothing to do with them."

"It was got to do with them as soon as sorcerers entered the dark side. It is their moral duty to join the light side to fight them. And Albus, please be logical you can never win a war against sorcerers without having sorcerers on your side too. I spared no expense to bring the best out of them. A bunch of student is a fierce battalion."

"But they are after all students, Mrs. Vitasigni?"

"Does war see that? It just divides people into either hunter or the hunted. Atleast they should have a chance to fight back. Even if they go down, they would go down taking ten with them." She said with teary eyes.

Albus was in deep thought. It was true that Voldemort and the Death Eaters would never spare anyone. If anything they would take pleasure in hurting and killing the defenceless students. If they really did have a chance to at barest to protect themselves? It was only fair to teach them self defence. He would not turn blind eye like the Ministry to the war that was to occur in plain sight. As the principal of Hogwarts, he should give his students training in life preservation. It was HIS duty.

"I agree to this alliance, Mrs. Vitasigni."

"It's Eve, Charlotte Eve Vitasigni"

And with that every memory related to sorcerers came back to Dumbledore. The adventures that led him to central Europe, the discovery of the Azaki, the ideology of sorcerer, their affinity to science of everything and their best talent of genetics and his evident memory erasing.

"I thank you Eve for returning that treasure of knowledge."

"It was my pleasure to give it to a very deserving man. Oh look at the time. It certainly flows when it is a good time."

With that Eve made her way to the fireplace. After getting ready for flooing, Albus spoke up

"It was an enlightening evening. I would wish for evening like this to occur more frequently in future."

"My sentiments precisely, Albus"

"If you do not mind may I ask a personal question?"

"Not at all a problem, Albus"

"You said your family did the intermingling of bloodlines in 8th century. So which bloodline do you carry forward?"

She gave a short laugh and said "Albus, the intermingling began after my marriage. I began the intermingling along with my sisters and brothers."

"Then that makes you—"

"More than thousand years old? Yes, I am a very old woman." And then she whooshed away in the blue flames yet again.

Dumbledore could feel the mood of despair lifting from him. And from the ashes a phoenix chick chirruped out.

'Yes, the moods of despair were certainly getting lifted. There was a hope against this. A much greater chance of winning has immerged. Harry wouldn't have to face this alone. Atleast he was going to get comrades who would stand a chance against the odds. And the students would get a fair chance of survival. Yes, there was hope. The phoenix is rising out of the ashes again.'

Chapter End Notes:

Drop a line. im at tumblr: Queenvulca, at ff.net: Vulca. Review plz :)