- Text Size +

kargrif wrote this

July 25, 2000



It has been two months since the fall of the Initiative and consequently since the joining of essences between Buffy, Willow, Xander, and myself. The slayer dream we shared that night opened our selves to the innermost thoughts and fears we each harbored. It opened us to the feelings and doubts that plague us daily. We walked away from the experience more cautious with each other, more tempered in our previous thoughtlessness, more aware of others feelings.



The newfound sensitivity was at first a blessing, but now I fear it has unforeseen consequences. The link between us has not faded in time as we first thought, but has instead grown more and more powerful. Feelings and thoughts I have never before entertained randomly filter through my head, and in calling upon the link using meditation and a great deal of concentration, I can at times trace the emotion back to the original host.



There is little to be hidden between us these last few weeks. As the emotional strain grows, the small amount of defenses we have tested weakens to the point of uselessness. We have been researching nonstop for a counter or damping spell to ease the burden, but have thus far been unsuccessful. I fear if something is not discovered soon, the ending results could be disastrous.



Rupert Giles, Watcher 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My response was this

June 2008

 

Spike came across Buffy and Riley mid-patrol in the tenth cemetery of his circuit.  The Slayer was screaming in French -- a language the vampire knew Buffy could only mangle at best -- at her pole axed boyfriend.  The only thing was, Spike was pretty sure it wasn't Buffy in charge at the moment, but a entirely different Slayer.

 

Spike slowly approached Buffy.  He ignored Riley as he put his hands up in surrender.  "Why don't you let one of the English speakin' bints come forward?" he asked.

 

Buffy's posture immediately changed.  She looked the vampire over carefully before she said, "You look good in my duster, William."

 

"Hello, Nikki," Spike said with a sigh.  "How's death treatin' you?"

 

"Not bad."  Buffy/Nikki turned to look at Riley.  "Who's the white boy?"

 

"The Slayer's main squeeze."  Spike chuckled when Buffy/Nikki wrinkled her nose in distaste.  It appeared at least one of the Slayer's had good taste.

 

"What the hell is going on?" Riley demanded.

 

"I think we need to get the Slayer to the Watcher's," Spike replied. He was sure this had something to do with the spell the Scoobies had used to defeat Adam.  Not to mention, it was odd seeing Nikki Wood's personality in the body of the woman he had recently discovered he was in love with.

 

"Why did you call Buffy by some other name?" Riley growled.

 

"I was a Slayer.  Blondie here killed me."  Buffy/Nikki shrugged.  "I was tired and he was better.  Happens to all of us ... sooner or later."

 

"What are you doing in my girlfriend?  Get out!" Riley hissed at Buffy/Nikki.

 

"No can do, buster."  Buffy's accent changed again.

 

Spike realized yet another Slayer had taken over Buffy's body.

 

"The vamp's right.  The Watcher's our best bet."  Buffy turned to look at Spike.  "You're mighty fine lookin'.  Too bad I never met up with you.  We would have had fun time wrasslin'."

 

"That's disgusting," Riley spat out.  "Buffy would never do anything like that."

 

"You just keep telling yourself that," the Slayer said slyly.

 

Spike could tell that it was once again Nikki inhabiting Buffy's body.

 

"Let's go, Slayers."  Spike sauntered off towards Giles' apartment.  He wondered why the Slayers weren't trying to stake him, but for some reason they seemed more at odds with Buffy's boyfriend than him.